By / 5th January, 2016 / Around Pisa / No Comments

The Leopolda Station born in 1844 like a station of the first railway of Grand Duchy of Tuscany because it created a connection with Florence, Pisa and Livorno, passing by Empoli and Pontedera. The client was Granduke Leopoldo, chief with liberal ideas and supporter for public Works, and his dream was a connection between Florence and Livorno’s Harbour.

The building of railway started in Livorno and the first part created was Livorno- Pisa, after was built anothers parts to arrive in Florence. The railway was very important to carry people and goods, for this reason the Granduke decided to build a second railway to arrive in Livorno’s Marine Station.


Leave a Comment